Back from holiday. Just quickly throwing these things out there because I need some help
- Skype – I’m trying to configure Skype to record straight into Garageband (or other similar/better audio recording software for the purpose of online voice interviews. I’ve seen some stuff but am yet to get it to work. Specifically, I can’t find a step-by-step guide I saw a few months ago that dealt with Skype to Garageband specifically.
- Does anyone know how to make an iPod function as a storage device that will work in both Macs and Windows-based computers? I thought I had enabled it on my mac, but when I went and tried to use it on PCs at university it wasn’t recognised, and asked if I wanted to format my external storage device in FAT32 format or something. I didn’t because I didn’t know whether or not that would end up being a bad thing for the iPod as a whole, and didn’t want to lose the files I HAD transferred onto it.
- Quick links. Because I hardly have time to read these, but I really want to, maybe after putting these links here I can shut all the tabs and unclutter my desktop. These are all the websites I have open in tabs at the moment, with plans to read in full. Some are read and awaiting posting here, but this will have to do.
- Skype on a USB drive
- Portable Firefox 1.0.7 (USB Drive-Friendly)
- Advanced Podcast studio setup with Skype and Audio Hijack Pro (not quite doing what I want yet, although getting close!
- The True Face of War – I hesitated putting this one in, but I was reading it, more for the shock value of the line
American soldiers have been using the pictures of disfigured Iraqi corpses as currency to buy pornography.
It’s really bad. I would recommend you DON’T follow any of the links to pictures if you go to read the thread.
- PR Newswire.com – now has RSS feeds.
- Can Bloggers Strike It Rich?
- Suppression of dissent – this one was just reading up on stuff for a story.
- Podcasting from Mac OS X – A Recipe – I actually haven’t read all through this one – it could be a winner.
Alright, there’s a big storm rumbling through, and I’ve been trying to rush this post so I can unplug everything. Take care, see you soon. Oh yes, and help with 1. and 2. above would be appreciated.
This podcast was mostly recorded at my old school, outside Ross Roy, the family home of the landowners, built back in 1897. That’s a photo I took today, and this is my podcast. Enjoy. (Here is a smaller file of the podcast, half the size, half the quality)
I had heard a few things about podcasting, but up until now had not a clue how it worked. Now I’ve read about it at wikipedia, and I can say, “meh.” No, I actually would like to try it, but as anyone stopping by may well realise, I have a hard enough time trying to keep up the posts here without another gadgetry distraction.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii okay, that there is a clear sign.
When tired, sleep. No, not iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii okay, and again! That’s it. To bed with me. No, not with me. Nearly happened again. Hit post.
Post, before you make a fool of yourself, man!!