Internet video usage survey results
The Pew Research Center has released a report about online video usage in the US that shows more than half of all adults have downloaded online video at some point, and 20% regularly watch online video every day.
To make the online video point, Jeff Jarvis of Buzzmachine.com has put together a video entry about the research findings.
From the Pew survey link:
- Online video now reaches a mainstream audience; 57% of online adults have used the internet to watch or download video
- Three in four young adult internet users watch or download video online
- News video is the most popular category for everyone except young adults.
- More than half of online video viewers share links to the video they find with others.
- Most online video viewers have watched online with other people.
- Professional videos are preferred to amateur productions online, but amateur content appeals to coveted segments of the young male audience.
- Few pay to access online video.